Saturday, July 30, 2011

White to Mint Fade + Grey Zeebz



I just recently got a package of makeup sponges (which I LOVE to use, but NEVER remember to buy, as I use makeup brushes), so I'm back on a sponging kick. This interesting color combo is a result of my recent house-cleaning day in which I moved ALL of my nail polish/implements under the bathroom sink, and these colors happened to miss the move as they were hiding on my coffee table. But I was pleasantly surprised on how it turned out! From far away, they seemed like a subtle pale green, but up close you can really see the details. I painted on two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then gently sponged on the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet. I then busted out Chrissy and my franken "Ash Wangsday" (ashy grey) and painted on some zebras. The end result was awesomely subtle. But unfortunately didn't last long on my hands; I ended up messing every finger up making dinner soon after I took these pictures.

This is a remix on the mint-white design, I wanted to try darker colors and black zebra stripes for a bolder effect. I don't know which I like better. But I love having different colors on all my nails.




Also, I haven't been able to comment on anyone or my own blogs. I try to comment on y'all's blog posts and it takes me in a loop where it keeps asking me to sign in, write my comment, sign it, write my comment again, etc. This is why I haven't been giving yous guys props for your beautiful nail designs in the last two months! :( If anyone knows how to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. i love this! great color combo and i love the way you did the zebra print

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these manis! The subtle one is so unique and pretty, and who doesn't love strong colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad that your darling mani got messed up because of making dinner! Dinner Schminner! Let them order pizza so we can keep our pretty manicures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cristina. Thanks to your lovely comment on my blog I was able to hop on over to yours and check out your work.
    I love this combo!!!! I am not too big on wearing white nail polish on it's own but this look males white very wearable! I will Have to try this!

    ReplyDelete