Friday, February 24, 2012

Kat Von D True Romance Poetica Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches


Here are the swatches from the Kat Von D True Romance Poetica eyeshadow palette. Sorry, my arm is gross and has freckles! From left to right: "Forgiveness" a super shimmery white with gold sparkles in it. I couldn't see the gold at all in the pan until I swatched it and I was very surprised at how much gold is actually in it! "Sand Timer" is a light shimmery sand/greige, that almost doesn't show up on my skin. "Chandler" is a super reflective rust, which I think is my absolute favorite in this palette. "Tijuana" is a black with purple and rust colored micro glitter. "Wonderland" is a glittery dark purple with light purple micro glitter.  "Shiba" is a greyish purple with the same light purple shimmer as "Wonderland". "Babe" is a super bright purple with an iridescent blueish sheen to it. This is my second favorite, because I love bright colors, but don't have any with a sneaky iridescent finish to it. And last but not least "You Alone" is the most matte of the bunch, a creamy off white, leaning on the beige side, having only the slightest bit of shimmer to it. Almost not even qualifying as a shimmery eyeshadow. It's an in-betweener. I think "You Alone" would be the perfect color in this palette to use as a base color from lashline to brow. 
 
Above: With Flash
Below: Without Flash
As for what I think: Not going to go into detail reviewing each shadow, but I'll just tell you what I think of the palette as a whole. First of all, I love the packaging. The outside panels are a cool matte metal with an embossed design and has a great weight to it. The inside has a huge mirror the size of the whole case and the eyeshadows are a large and generous pan size. It has a little well for the Kat Von D "Autograph Pencil" which is a super black eyeliner pencil, included in the set. The quality of the pencil is very smooth, creamy, and blacker-than-black. I have nothing bad to say about the eyeliner really, however haven't tried it out so can't report on its staying power or smudging. Some shadows are "better" than others and I can say that they are all really pigmented, they blend easily, they are interesting and fun colors, but the one bad thing is there is quite a bit a dusty fall out on most of the shadows. And I believe I'm losing quite a bit of product each time  I dip a brush into a shadow. I give it a 4 out of 5. There's a range of colors to make multiple different looks and they're pretty good quality blendable shadows. Other than it does create a fair amount of fallout, maybe that's why they give you pretty large pans of each color! :)
 This was given to me as a gift from my boyfriend's mom who gives pretty trendy gifts. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment