Tuesday, October 11, 2011

30 Day Nail Challenge - Day 19 - Galaxy

 Well, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to recreate my previous post of galaxy nails, so I tried to do it in different colors and I'm pretty happy with this! I did a black base coat and then cut a skinny piece off a makeup sponge to sponge on purple and light purple... Then sponged on a black with silver glitter in the dark spots. For the stars, I used 2-3 holo dot cut outs (the eyes that punched out of my playboy heads, I saved in this little jar). Then the pointy side of an orange stick for medium stars, and the pointy side of a sewing needle for the tiny stars.
For some reason, it doesn't look glossy despite my efforts with 3 coats of Beauty Secrets Top Coat!! Maybe its the color combo?? I'm going to add a few more coats tonight, so maybe I'll switch out the pictures if it works... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment